1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Series/Parallel Switch and P Pick up Change

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sk8, Aug 29, 2007.

1. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Many years ago (15 - 20) a friend modded my Encore P bass copy's electronic and put in a series parallel switch for the pickup. essentially what you now get on the fenders with S1 switching. Its spent many years being abused in my parents garage and i want to resurrect it. The toggle of the switch has broke so that needs replacing but i also fancy having a crack at replacing the pick up too.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a toggle switch please and any recommendations for pickups. I don't want to spend too much on the pickups as the bass is essentially worthless!

Might just do the switch :smug:

Thanks in advance :bassist:

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Don't know what's in the UK but just punch in "guitar electronics UK"/whatever into google and see what you get. Any parts place will likely have a switch you can use, perhaps even a local shop.

What does the bass do when you plug it in? You probably want to make a list and see what's invested as well as to get everything at once. Is it playable amplification aside? If it's not then you need to take care of that before you buy anything. You don't want to buy anything for a bass that's not playable or worth it to make it that way.

3. U simply need a DPDT (double pole double throw) switch available at any electronics store. Pups are up to U & the sound U want. Hard to go past SD 1/4lb pups Or contact Bill LAwrence-directly, not via ebay as these are not his pups-just his name..not to say they aint any good.
    becky@billlawrence.com will get U to 'em via email... excellent pups!

4. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    wasn't sure if the switch was single pole double throw but double pole, double throw makes sense :)

will investigate