1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Series/parralel mod for JAZZ bass-sorry

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by rodl2005, Aug 29, 2007.

1. I realize this must've been covered here 1000000 x before but a search gave me options but not the one I wanted- I'm NOT THAT tech mided!!!! :confused:

I got a Jazz bass that I wanna use a switch(NOT a push/pull POT) to do the series parralel ( S1 ) mod to!
    I've got the DPDT switch I JUST NEED the diagram to help me!!! most diagrams I found(from search) involved a pot for the series/parralel switch & NOT a 'SWITCH' :help:

So if ANYONE has a diagram or anything that can help me to do this -pretty simple- mod. I'd be very much appreciative!
    Thanx,
    Rod.:bag:

2. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    I know how to spell bridge, I really do.

The wires marked "H" are hot - probably white
    The wires marked "G" are ground - probably black.

In series only the Neck Volume knob will work.

3. Thanx Glenn, Thats what I'm after! Even tho we're bass players, I KNOW U can spell bridge- just like I can spell Minded- check my O.P. ;-(
    Keep 'em coming please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    This is the one I used for mine. Works great. And actually, I think the reason you had trouble with your search was the spelling of the word "parallel". :) This diagram actually separates it out so you can use either a switch or a pot.

j_series.

5. GREAT THANX!!!!!!!

6. Scott in Dallas

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    BTW, I put the switch right here on the plate. I offset it a bit so that it wouldn't interfere with turning the knobs. It's a good spot. I taped it before drilling and used cutting fluid to keep from screwing up the chrome plating. It might have been overkill, but it turned out great.

Jazzcontrolpanelwithswitch.

7. Ahhhh yes a very good spot Scot! Thanx again.

8. where in the pic, Scott, does the PURPLE wire go-I don't got no purple wires- go to back of a pot?? or elsewhere?

9. Scott in Dallas

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Ignore the color. Pay attention to the text. Make sure the negative lead for the neck position pickup goes to the spot on the switch where the purple wire goes.

10. :rolleyes: DUH !!!!!! :rollno: Sorry, was on Saturn there for an hour or so:eyebrow: . Thanx :D