Series wiring for mudbucker

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Colin Warren, May 19, 2018.

1. Colin Warren

Colin Warren

May 19, 2018
    2 vol. No tone 1 output. And go....

Attached Files:

2. ctmullins

ctmullins fueled by beer and coconut Gold Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2008
    MS Gulf Coast
    I'm highly opinionated and extremely self-assured
    Is the Model One wired in series? If it is, then you won’t want to wire the two pickups in series. Way too much mud.

If the Model One is wired in parallel, then yeah, that could work.

3. sikamikanico

sikamikanico

Mar 17, 2004
    I think it’s just the Model 1 in series, and the two pickups in parallel with each their own volume control. I like the simplicity of that setup!

How do the pickups match each other? For some reason I imagine mids are not prominent in this setup, or how does it sound?

4. Colin Warren

Colin Warren

May 19, 2018
    DP145 in the neck SDBasslines in the Pbass spot. Have to scoop mids. I run Basslines at full vol and mix in neck pickup for bottom. Also usingLabella 1954 flats

5. Colin Warren

Colin Warren

May 19, 2018
    Parallel right now looking to increase output. Only using neck pickup to boost bottom end

6. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Output is over-rated IME. I made the mistake of wiring my Rickenbacker 4004 with all 4 coils in series. In retrospect I wish I'd put the humbuckers in parallel & then wired them in series between the pickups.
    or what I'm about to suggest:

each pickup gets a push/pull volume pot so you can switch them from series/parallel
    Overall (pickup to pickup) they'd still be in parallel.

7. Colin Warren

Colin Warren

May 19, 2018
    Think I'll just leave it as is. I don't lose anything .

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022