1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Serious no thrills board

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Blu bro, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus
    Im thinking of putting together a board that is all essentials and no frills.

Im thinking something like:
    Tuner-> Compressor -> HPF -> Drive -> Preamp

any body else do something like this? What else should I add.. Also worth noting is im planning on having this board to work across different bass guitars (P, J, Spector) maybe i should add a programmable EQ to it now i think about it.

Would love pics for inspiration.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    If you're adding an HPF anyway, I'd get the combo HPF/LPF so your drive sounds won't be irritating in the PA with all that tweeter frequency distortion that sounds harsh and bad. And a programmable EQ is not a bad idea when you have a few different sounding basses you're using, although unless the pickups are super different, I can usually use a P and J without a separate EQ.

mattbass6945, Blu bro and two fingers like this.
  3. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    All essentials and no frills is 5 pedals and asking for suggestions as to more?

You'd be horrified by a picture of my tuner and DI board.

gregmon79 likes this.