Serious problem ... I'm outta GAS!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    My birthday's coming up next month and I ain't got no GAS. My wife asked me what I wanted, and all I could come up with is a big ol' Atlas boom mic stand I saw at GC today. I don't even know what the hell I'd do with it. I mean, this is when a new bass (a Sadowsky, say) could be in the running.

I played a beautiful Olympic white PJ at Roger's shop in April, and I'd buy it on looks alone, but the lack of a mid control and not very much bark just left me kinda blah. Don't get me wrong, it had bottom end up the chunk, but just no nice mid-range bite.

Then, I made it down from Groom today, and bopped on over to Bass Alone and saw a lot of beautiful basses and some Bergie cabs. Nothing. Not even a tinge.

I've been thinking about something for the PA, like maybe a dbx 1046 so I could insert a compressor on each vocal, but I have a 1066 that'll handle the two lead singers already.

Maybe I'll treat myself to a nice Mogami mic cable.

... help ... me ...
  2. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    You could always get new butt helmets.

Maybe a nice jumpsuit or something for the stage. Maybe a little sequined number.
  3. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    I just got me one of those Kangol kinda HipAssMoFo hats that you wear backwards. Looks really cool with shades. I look like a white-haired beatnik. It'll probably set a trend.

BTW, someone used the acronym NWOBHM in a post, meaning "New Wave of British Heavy Metal," and nobody knew what it meant, but fastplant made a guess: "Not without our butt helmets man." It just tickled me.
  4. Ask your wife to buy me a hartke 410
  5. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    I couldn't do that. I would talk to her about getting you a D-410XST or something, though.
  6. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    It's better than the original, which should've been called "Fast music coupled with girly-sounding, big-haired singers don't really look as good in leather as they think they do."

7. I'de take a 110 without box and holes in it at this point in my life haha.
  8. That's hair metal, not heavy metal.;)
  9. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Munji get a Tara Labs power cable - you'd be a believer wouldn't you ;)
  10. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA

You may want to consult a doctor about this, I here this is a very rare disorder and can be quite serious.

Get well soon.
  11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yes Munji, we are all concerned, best wishes.
  12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Maybe you should take up something that will draw out the gas? (man that sounds bad!) Try collecting Ferraris? Heavy machinery like bulldozers and wrecking balls? Jets?
  13. Get a huge drum kit or soundproof an entire room of your house, that would be a good gift.
  14. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Leisure suits.
  16. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Eat beans, drink beer, let us know how you feel in the morning.
  17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Munji, call me, I have the cure.

18. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Maybe your problem is that you aren't gigging enough? Usually that is when I start thinking... You know, if only I had a _____ I would be able to _____ .

Or, you could ask for something a bit different... Like a recorder... Those are fun to play and not to hard to learn.
  19. You stomped around Bass Alone and couldn't GAS for anything? how about the Marleaux's he's got in there? i know there are a couple of kick-a$$ F Basses in there too... Oh yeah and that Spalted Rainbow Fodera thingy is pretty cool... My B-day is in a few weeks and the only thing i want is to have not gotten my DUI on monday.. :meh:
  20. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I know this might sound like a silly question, but if you have reached a point where you are all set on musical gear - why not suggest a gift other than musical gear?
    Wait a minute - is a Sadowski in the price range for the gifts you and your wife generally exchange on birthdays? Do you guys have any interest in adopting a 30 year old son?
    If I had all the good sounding gear that I needed, but still wanted more, I'd look for something with some flash. Maybe a Modulus Flea Bass or that Washburn Bootsy Space Bass