Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

serious problem....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Mar 21, 2005.

1. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i paid off all my credit card bills today. hmmm time for new gear......

2. No, you should rejoice in your new debt-free status.

Let the GAS go..... :smug:

3. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    see i try, but then i see things like the pederson strobo stomp and realize i need this. and then i could sell my rack tuner and make my rack small again.

4. No, dude. Seriously. That Debt-Free thing aint goin' away no time soon. It should never strike you. Don't bury yourself.

I feel like frickin' Jacob Marley...

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Really? Because you kinda smell like Bob Marley.

brad cook

6. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Listen to Ron & GB on this one...

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'm going to have to disagree with everyone and say "Charge it up!"

Deep debt is your friend. It's the smart thing to do.

brad cook

8. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Brad, I couldn't agree more. But you forgot one thing - it's also just plain FUN. What could be more fun than serious debt?
    Just a few years ago I maxed out a couple of credit while not making enough money, made minimum payments and sometimes late payments. I got to pay on them for years! (without reducing principal - the gift that keeps on giving) What fun! I got to enjoy the fun of a 29% APR and making minimum payments every month and watching my principal balance go up - what a hoot! Sure, I'd recomend that to anybody.

In all seriousness though, know what is fun? Paying them off and seeing how they hate it. I got back on top of my finances and earned & saved more money - sent Providian a chunk of money and on my very next statement they had a "special offer" for me - It seems that they would alllow me to skip my next payment with no penalties. I decided I'd decline their offer and I sent them another chunk of dough and the next month they had a different offer - I could skip my bill for up to 4 months with no penalties. I payed the ballance. I hope they cried.

9. Rotten Barley.

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hell yeah! Preach it brotha!

brad cook

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Live frugal, die rich.

12. He's right. Take a look at any university campus.