Serious string problem

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Ridethebike, Aug 14, 2002.

1. I have, a serious string problem, its serious, damn its annoying, anyway a month ago my cousin broke my squier by splitting the pickguard severely. Today i replaced it with a new guard (3 ply very resiliant) and then i went to put on the strings which is easy enough, the problem is when i tightened it and went to play the string (e) it was waaaay to close to the fretboard, i couldnt understand as these string's were on this guitar only a month ago, i tried the other strings and got the same problem, this has made it impossible to play unless i want to play from the 14th frets. If you have had any experience with this dilemma please help me otherwise i cant sell it and buy my new bass thats not mine yet, surprisingly.
  2. Listen

May 19, 2002
    Raise the a search on action.
  3. String height has nothing to do with the pickguard. I'm sure the neck has shifted during that time. Raise the string height at the bridge and/or loosen the truss rod.
  4. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Would a three ply gaurd shorten the distance that much from a one ply gaurd?
  5. No sorry the pick guard has nothing to do with it, i shouldn't have put that in there.