Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Seriously considering a Warwick

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by GrooveMonkey, Mar 2, 2003.

1. You may have seen my other thread yesterday where I mentioned trying out a Thumb 4. My problem is there's no shops within a few hours frome here that carry them. Would it be foolish for me to buy one thru Musician's Friend? I should be able to evaluate it and return it if It's bad according to the return policy.

Anyone ever done this?

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Not really.

You're doing what most Carvin buyers in the country have to do if they want to check out a bass.

How easy it is to do it is another story. Can't help you there, I'm afraid.

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i would recommend going through bass central or bass northwest. i bought a N/T thumb 4 from the guys down at bass central about 4 years ago and was completely satisfied.

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I've had good luck with trial periods from MF, particularly if you shop when they have free shipping. They've never given me a problem.

5. Thanks Ken! I'm also considering selling my Sterling to help pay for the Thumb. Would I be able to advertise it here first before putting it on ebay?

6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    You're selling your Sterling to buy a Warwick? That's it, I'm asking Paul to ban your sorry butt.

;)

You'd have to double-check with Pacman (the FS forum Mod), but last I heard the guidelines for ads and eBay are here. So, yes - you can put an ad in the FS forum before you list it on eBay.

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    But of course! All you have to do it post an ad in the Classifieds "For Sale" section.

Before you do that, however, take a minute to read the classifieds FAQ.

It wouldn't hurt anyone else if they read it too, but the way.