Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

set of pj

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by warwickstoner, Jul 14, 2004.

1. im lookin to put a new set of pickups in my ibanez sr
    my soldering iron burnt a hole thru the p pickup and im just gonna replace both pups
    any suggestions on a pj set that sounds good with both slap and fingerstyles would be great

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Passive Bartolinis. I put a set in my Godin. Sounds good. I usually have the P bass pickup almost on full and the jazz about halfway, and my tone all the way up. Sounds nice. Enough bite for slap,. lots of growl. Nice punch too.

3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I love the active EMG P set. Great response, clarity, and plenty of punch. JMO!

4. Lindy Fralin

5. doublemuff216

doublemuff216

Jun 14, 2004
    Astoria NY
    im a huge fan of the seymour duncan quarter pounders...they're high output really punchy and decently growly...not to mention they're fairly inexpensive...(about $65 for the p and $59 for the j)...you might be able to find a deal somewhere...i talked guitar center down on the quarter pounder precisions...

6. +1 Had mine for about 10 years. Here's some hard played finger style with occasional pops:
    PJemg Live @ Jakes direct to board via SWR 220/Fishman Pro EQ - P on 90% J on 40% treble about 60% - old DA XLs - approx 500K

7. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I've got a set of Bart Passive PJ's on order for my parts bass. They've been on order for a while now, & once I get the bass put together I'll try to give my best impression of them.

That is, unless I get tired of waiting & have the local guy here install some EMG's, that he has in stock.