1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Set-up and Repair in Phila. area

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by swingfingers, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Does anyone know of any good set-up and repair folks in the Phila. area? I would like to find someone experienced, who really knows what they are doing and can do more than just basic set-ups.

Eventually I may need refinishing and electronic work done, but even for set-ups I would like to find a real professional who does more than the basic truss rod tweak. I would prefer NOT to go to Sam Ash or any other similar store unless there was a specific person there. There used to be some luthiers around here, but it seems like it has all dried up.

If need be, I would be willing to travel to NJ, areas west of Phila., and even NYC if I need to, but if possible would prefer to find somone more local. In any case, I currently don't have the names of any folk in the tri-state area so the more names, knowledge and shared experiences of good repairmen I can get the better!

Thanks for any help!