Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Set-up issue

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Piezoman, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    I had my bass setup about 2 weeks ago. Got it restrung and a neck adjustment done. I also got my action lowered.

Now when I play, I hear alot of fret buzz on my D, A, E, and Low B. What can this be attributed to? How to fix it?

Also, when I play my A or E string, I can hear my fingers hitting the string above(E or LowB) which causes quite a disturbance to my sound because ive always been a pretty accurate and smooth player, for a young guy.

What is the problem here? What should I tell the guy at the shop? Or should I do it myself. I am playing on an Ibanez EDA905. I dont think alot of people have it but any help would be greatly apreciated.

2. It matters to know at what frets the buzz is heard from or if it's heard consistently across all frets.

And he didn't change the distance between strings so the problem of you hitting the strings above the A & E is all yours to fix. Sorry, never heard of this one before. :meh: