Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Seth Horan

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ChiliPepper, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Somehow i can't understand that i've never heard of
    him... :confused: thanks to Stew's scary bass players list i could check out some tunes on his myspace page

very nice ! :bassist:

2. Chip Boaz

Chip Boaz

Apr 23, 2004
    Seth is incredible. Not just as a bassist, but as a singer/songwriter too. It's really easy to listen to his music and be stuck on the depth of his lyrics and the strength of his songwriting. Then you stop and you go, wow, he's playing everything behind his voice on bass. It's just totally incredible. The most musical use of technique that I've heard - all his tapping, slapping, harmonics, looping, etc . . all compliment great songwriting. Gave me a totally different perspective on all those techniques.

His album "Conduit" is totally worth the money and more. I would highly reccomend it.

3. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Just got two of his CDs today, and I'm addicted! What a musical use of all things bass - and he's such a deep songwriter! Totally inspiring

4. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    I just saw Seth Horan with Tom Bianchi up in Massachusetts and dang, they always amaze me. I've seen them a few tmes at their "Three Men On Bass" show with Gonzalo Silva. It has been 2 years since I last saw them and they are better than ever. I picked up Conduit from Seth and it is really well done.

I think that guys like him don't have a major deal because they have a brain and talent. A dangerous combination these days.

5. I'm listening to the songs on his myspace.com page right now. What a cool concept. I've never heard someone sing over that kind of complex playing. Pretty amazing!

6. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Wow Tommy Bianchi and Gonzalo.... I used to see both of them busking on the streets and T stations in Boston and Cambridge.

Seth is amazing and I remember a few years ago they were doing that "Three Men On Bass" show at Club Passims in Harvard Sq.

Glad to hear them mentioned here!

7. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    Did you go to the Somerville gig? I wanted deparately to go, but couldn't. The man is an incredible talent. Truly inspiring.

8. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Wow, very impressive. Thanks for pointing him out.

9. I found out about Seth via MySpace as well. He rules!! Although, I want him to add a Warrant song or a Steve Perry song to his setlist!!! ;)

MySpace rules!! I just updated my account with another batch of songs from my new bass/drums duo record with Pat Mastelotto, if anyone wants to check them out:
    http://www.myspace.com/jayterrien

Hope to see you guys at NAMM!!

10. that guy deserves a major bump :bassist:

11. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Very nice, a bassplayer with chops who focusses on the songs! Excellent!

12. ...and has an incredible voice :eek:

13. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    He is fantastic. Thanks for point this out. I need to order some CDs

14. I just found a video of Seth playing "Something Pretty"

15. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Cool, I thought he played atleast a 5 though :)

16. incredible video!! i really wanna see more. I have Conduit, it's such an amazing album

17. he will release a DVD next year :hyper:

18. Sneckumhaw

Sneckumhaw

Apr 26, 2006
    Earth
    He's pretty fantastically skilled at bass playing and obviously a very coordinated fellow, but I would hate this kind of stuff if he was a guitar player, so I don't think It'd be right of me to like it any more.

19. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Not normal......

That last one you posted kills me. I see him doing it but I still can't figure out what he's doing. Very cool.