Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

seting time in loop player?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dadodetres, Jun 28, 2005.

1. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    hi!
    i was wondering how do you set un the loop time in a loop player (specially the new BOSS or the boomerang).

and when you add the 2nd loop how do you do so it matches this loop time ¡?

2. You press when to start, and press when to stop.
    Do it tight.

3. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    so when yo record the 2nd phrase is you press it just a little later it will be in other tempo?

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Just record it against the 1st one.
    Not too difficult when you're used to it.
    Mistakes happen though.

5. well, with my boss RC-20, i know its not the new one, but it can't be that different, the overdubs are already set for time. it just starts over when the first one does. its automatic

6. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY

so every loop in in sync?

with the boomerang its not this way?

also.... with the hold function on the AX1B when i add a 2nd line to the 1st one the whole sound starts to degade....

i asume the boss or boomerang have a lot more quality in this... right?

7. i don't know about the boomerang...never had one...but basically, on my rc-20, you record a loop. say 45 seconds long. so you add the overdubs in that 45 seconds...and when that loop is over, it will automatically start again, and say you have another 45 second loop to go over it, and you start it at 25 seconds into the first loop, it will record until it makes it back to the 25 second mark. if you have a loop that lasts one minute and try to record it over your 45 second loop, that last 15 seconds will play over the first 15 seconds because it is too long, and the looper automatically starts you over.

8. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    ok, thats what i was looking for.

the quality is good even when several phrases recorded?

9. 100%?

I wanna buy this, but I don't want any sound quality changes

10. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yup, it's digital recording

11. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY

thats why it can "lower", it it was anlog "quality" didnt exist...

but being digital you have the mex "memory" to record your phrase, and when adding a 2nd phrase, the quality has toi be shred between these 2.

actually is a little more complex than that, but i dont know how to explain it in english :rolleyes:

12. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    it all depends on the available memory in the machine, how undo buffers are setup etc, it doesn't have to be the way you say. And it isn't in the boss rc-20