Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

setting a envelope

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by warwickben, Aug 11, 2002.

1. at the store all they had were fenders and what not and i got cool sound out of a dod fx25 envelope filter pedal.i got it and went home pluged my warwick in and having trouble setting it .any info would be nice.

2. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Left knob full clockwise+Right knob full counter clockwise= treble rolloff,bass boost-good for dub.
    Now turn the right knob slowly up while plucking "D" string...stop turning when you get a funky WWOPP sound. Good for Bootsy stuff.

3. *OUTSTANDING* for dub...all you need?

4. i has 3 knobs so am knda confused by what ur talking about jontom.i want to find a really good dub sound and a really good slap sound with it like the song mr oysterhead or like in the primus vidoe during tommy the cat when he comes back in and messes with a envlope filter .

5. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Hey WarwickBen - I can't get a good envelope sound out of my EBS Bass Iq + my Warwick, but I can out of the Bass Iq and my Jazz.

Its kinda like the Warwick isn't putting enough of the frequencies out that the env filter wants to trigger off.

Not good news but I gave up in the end...

6. Yeah, for some reason simpler envelope filters really crap out on hotter signals, even the EBS BassIQ for some odd reason. Maybe you should try lowering the volume on your bass to try to pad the signal a little?

7. thats not the problem iam just cant figue oput what would be a good sound for slap and so on.like i figure i can get like 5 diffent sounds out of it so far.