1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

setting bpm for instrumentals using cubase

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by djJohnn, Apr 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. djJohnn

djJohnn

Jul 24, 2018
    i can sort acapellas easy but when it comes to instrumentals i cant fit them in perfectly . any tips ?

2. I have not used this software, and as no one has answered I offer the following. Time signature, aka, 3/4, 4/4, 6/8, etc. tells us how many beats per measure this song will use.
    Once decided the song will normally use that time signature through out the song.

I would think the software would ask what time signature is to be used and then use that information to sub-divide the beats into measures.

Hope that helps.

3. Asat77

Asat77

Apr 29, 2015
    I don't know what you mean. But in the transportbar (F2) you can type in the tempo of the song (for example 120 bpm) and if it's another measure than 4/4 you can change that too.

If you want to know the bpm of a cover song, just google it or play the song and put the metronome click on in the transportbar and listen if you have to fasten or slower the tempo.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021