1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Setting up a Bart NTMB as MasVol/Vol/Vol?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Melvin7822, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Melvin7822

Melvin7822 Supporting Member

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    Recently, I've been getting really sick of blends. Yes, I love the convenience, but everytime I have to get one replaced it's a crap shoot. The M-N tapers are impossible to find. I know a lot of people on here believe that the Vol/Vol setup works better tonally and blending-wise.

Could anyone conceive of a way to rewire an NTMB that's Vol/Blend to a Master Vol / Vol/Vol? Of course the two pickup volumes would be on a concentric pot. Also, do you think that tonally there would be no difference since the signal is still going through the same number of pots? Ladies and gentleman, your thoughts please. :help:

2. Melvin7822

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    Please refer to the PDF http://www.bartolini.net/instructions/electronics/ntmb/ntmb918f.htm .

Now, I want to pretend for this scenario that the 250K C-A blend pot is actually a dual concentric 250K pot. Obviously, the pickup leads would still be connected to the center lugs and there would be no crossover leads. The yellow lead would then be soldered and tied to the right-most lugs. I then believe that the ground lead would be soldered and tied to the left-most lugs. Can anyone tell me if this wouldn't work and why?

I'm not going to be doing the work myself. So I want to know if this is going to work before I pay to have it done.

3. Melvin7822

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    ::bump:: No one?

4. Melvin7822

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    Ok, I'm 99% sure that I'm right. I guess I just needed to see it on paper.:smug: