setting up a board and need your help on the signal chain

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by oldironsights, Jan 31, 2009.

1. oldironsights

oldironsights

Jun 13, 2008
    LAS VEGAS
    hey guys im just setting up my 1st "real" board and just got some george L's cables, and want to know your thoughts ands opinions on the signal chain. Heres a list of what i've got:

Morley little alligator volume pedal

Boss Tu-2

Digitech Whammy

Line 6 dm4 distortion modeler

Boss odb-3 overdrive

Sanford and Sunny BlueBeard Fuzz

Boss rv-5 digital reverb

Line 6 dl4 delay modeler

what order would you run the pedals????

2. Kooldac

Kooldac

Oct 20, 2008
    Arizona
    This is a very generalized idea here. You can theoretically put your tuner or volume wherever you want depending on how you want to use delay and signal muting. For example, you can put your volume pedal first and have your delay set very long so as you shut off the volume, the delay kind of finishes it. Or, you can put the volume in the very end to do a complete mute.

The dist/OD/fuzz, you will have to experiment in what order you want those and how they affect each other.

This is kind of how I would start and you can work from there

tuner -> volume -> whammy -> dist/OD/fuzz -> delay/reverb

3. oldironsights

oldironsights

Jun 13, 2008
    LAS VEGAS
    thanks a bunch a good place to start, I had some idea just wanted some more opinions.

4. excane

excane Inactive

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Tuner->Whammy->Distortion/Fuzz (experiment)->Volume->Reverb->Delay

This would act as a signal mute (volume) but not cut off the nice trails of the reverb and delay (unless you want that) then put the tuner or volume last.

5. oldironsights

oldironsights

Jun 13, 2008
    LAS VEGAS
    any one else?????? the more the better!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021