1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

setting up a Leo Quan Bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Crockettsonny84, May 31, 2007.

1. Crockettsonny84

Crockettsonny84

May 30, 2007
    I just installed a new Leo Quan Bad ass bridge onto my Rickenbacker bass, i had to make a few modifications to the old bridge dug out and made a custom plate to fit it. Ive never dealt with new bridges, especially Leo Quan bridges, but i want to know how to make the grooves on the tops of the saddles to accommodate the strings. Is it supposed to be drilled with the same guage as the strings? or is it supposed to be drilled with one drill bit and the grooves the same size for all? i am completely confused. I purchased the bridge off of ebay and it never came with a complete set of instructions. please help:meh:

2. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    If there is a luthier shop nearby, I would highly recommend letting a pro do it. It can be done DIY, but if you ruin it, its just that: ruined.

Also, there are mixed opinions here about how the grooves/notches should be filed.

If you do a search, you should be able to come up with some recent threads on the subject.

3. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    The only thing ruined would be a relatively inexpensive set of saddles - and then, if they need to be replaced, one would probably replace them with pre-grooved BAIII saddles anyhow.
    It's pretty hard to ruin it though. Even if you don't do it right the first time, you should be able to fix anything that went wrong. CAVEAT - as long as you take it easy.
    And as joe says, there is a TON of stuff here about how to file BAII saddles. Look around and you should be fine.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021