1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

setting up a practicing routine sheet

Discussion in 'Jazz Technique [DB]' started by bass4art, May 27, 2011.

1. bass4art

bass4art

Oct 2, 2010
    does any one here have a practice routine sheet that they use that they can share with the rest of us, to help keep track of how much we have advance and improved in our playing.
    Kirk

2. Will Yager

Will Yager Supporting Member

May 7, 2006
    Iowa City, IA
    I've got some good practice sheets that I got from one of my teachers. He's a pianist, but I adapted it for bass. I'll see if I can find the doc file sometime soon

3. mtto

mtto Supporting Member

May 25, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...FhSBMdE5qcnBiUXJCTU5ibnlfbDZTU2ZIUXc&hl=en_US

At the beginning of 2011 I started using a Google Docs spreadsheet to keep track of my practice and progress. I made a copy at the above link for public viewing as an example of what works for me. Notice I use two sheets in the same doc for DB and BG.

Sometimes my gigging gets in the way of my practice regiment (a good problem!). When I would come back to regular practicing, I'd be a little scattered. Now I just pick up where I left off in the various method and etude books I'm studying.

I like using Google docs because it is always with me: work, home, phone, whatever.