Settings for a sansamp bass driver

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by killer B, Feb 15, 2001.

1. killer B

killer B

Apr 18, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    Hi, I just got one of these puppies and so far I'm digging the sound, but so far I haven't got as extreme of a distortion from it as I expected. Can anyone recomend some settings? Is it capable of really extreme distortion or is that more of the realm of the sansamp psa-1?
  2. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I just bought one about a month ago and have found that distortion is good on the Sans Amp Bass Driver. If you read the manual, it suggests that distortion is "touch-sensitive" because of the amount of output coming from your bass driving the Bass Driver.

Are you cranking out the distortion knob? Turn it all the way up, and play with soft and hard touches, and you'll see what I mean. Because I play with a soft touch, I notice that I don't always get the distortion that I'm after, but then again, I just like a little grit to my sound on occasion...Another thing you might consider is reading the sample settings section of the manual. It's got some really gritty sounds that you'll probably find useful!:cool:

However, if you really want the PSA-1's distortion, then just go out and get that's got more distortion because of the settings being designed for guitars as well as bass, whereas the Bass Driver is designed with bass in mind. But, before giving up on the Bass Driver, make sure you fully play with's really got a lot of cool stuff under the hood!:D
  3. phil_chew

Mar 22, 2000
    You can't get extreme distortion from the Sans Amp Bass DI box. It's not designed for that. It can give an extra edge to your sound which is really all that is required for bass. But if you want more distortion, you should get a stomp box designed for that, or a multi-effects pedal.
  4. Tristan

Jan 28, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    Hmmmmmm... maybe if you put a booster pedal in front of yer sanser you can get more exteme overdrive.... would this work? don't blame me if it fries yer pedal/amp/potatoes.
  5. YESSSSSS!!!!! I just got back from G.C. a few hours ago with my new BDDI! This thing is way cool! I love the beef that it adds. The distortion is pretty good, although I won't use it much.

It seemed to me that the most distorted sound you could get was with the Drive knob AND the Presence knob up all the way. Cut the bass a little and leave the treble at half. I don't know if that is the kind of distortion your looking for, but this thing is so much more than a distortion pedel!
  6. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    The more I think about this, the more I disagree...consult with the manual provided, and it'll direct you in how to get a really raunchy overdrive...:cool: