1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Settings for Ampeg Di

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Hi-End Basses, Feb 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hi-End Basses

Hi-End Basses

Apr 20, 2015
    Anyone who has the SCR DI, can you suggest settings with the Scrambler portion that make that warm yummy SVT sound?

2. BBQV

BBQV

Feb 13, 2010
    Uppsala, Sweden
    There are two ways to approach this, either you dial in a really distorted tone and balance it with the blend knob or you dime the blend and add as much hair as you want with the drive knob.

I wanted the overdrive to be slightly louder than the clean sound and ended up with drive at about 2 o'clock and blend around noon.

The ultra hi and lo also come into play since they cut and boost frequencies affected by the drive circuit.

Hi-End Basses likes this.
  3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I do not have one.

That being said, what @BBQV said makes total sense. Your sound will hinge on your ability to work the blend. The thing about a slightly overdriven SVT sound is that it somehow has grit, but lets the tone of the bass shine through as well. So you gotta figure out how to manipulate the blend to send both through as well.

Hi-End Basses likes this.
  4. Hi-End Basses

Hi-End Basses

Apr 20, 2015
    Thank you for responding!:)

5. Hi-End Basses

Hi-End Basses

Apr 20, 2015
    You know, I've been playing around with the Scrambler, and I'm finding on mine that the grit that people hear comes in with the Drive at 2:00 and the Blend just at 9:00. It's not overkill, and it's not distorted, but I get that bassy gritty sound that I hear on the Bass part of "Chelsea Dagger". I think I finally found my SVT tube gritty sound!

marko138, zZippy and abracadunphy like this.