1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Settings SWR Baby Blue II for Double Bass

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Ebl25, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Ebl25

Ebl25

Apr 8, 2006
    Hi there,

I recently bought a SWR Baby baby Blue II combo to use for as well as my electric Fender Jazz bass as my Doublebass.

I am very satisfied about the SWR for my electric bass but I am strugling with the sound settings when I play doublebass (for what i do most of the time).

When striking the A-string the sound is very loud (it bangs out of the 10" speaker), for the D and G string I have to pull very hard to get a proper volume. With the semi-parametric equalizer it is possible to correct some but it effects the quality of the sound.

Can somebody give me advice how to set up the SBB II-combo and to obtain a good sound for my doublebass.

On my doublebass I use 2 piezzo elements. SWR support can't help me out.

At this time I am asking myself the question wether I bought the right amplifier or not. Maybe a 12" speaker had been better.

Thanks in advance,
    Ebl

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Try asking the same thing here