Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Settled on the K&K

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by JazznFunk, Jan 12, 2002.

1. JazznFunk

JazznFunk Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    Just wanted to drop an open note here to Bob Gollihur for the speedy service and helpful hints with the K&K pickup I ordered. I love this thing! I paired it with my Sadowsky pre, and it sounds wonderful. I played it on my solo gig tonight and it was awesome. Now I just have to try it with the group, and we'll be all set. I'm stoked!

2. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Thanks, Bryan, glad to hear that you are enjoying your K&K pickup!

3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Bryan...solo gig? As in solo bass? If so, hats off... you are muy macho.

4. JazznFunk

JazznFunk Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    Marcus,
    Yeah, I've been doing solo bass gigs here in town since May of last year. I started off using effects and such, as well as looping devices to add background rhythm and other textures, but it's sort of evolved into a more organic thing where it's just my bass and me. Part of it was me not wanting to lug around all the extra equipment. <lol> I play standards and originals, approaching them in a chord solo fashion most times, using my fretless Jazz and sometimes my Jazz V. I augmented my usual routine by playing solo upright last night for the first time, and everyone dug it.

Thanks again for the props! It's much appreciated. :)

5. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I want to thank bob, too. Thanks Bob!!! I'm loving the pickup. One thing is strange, though. I have been without feedback since i got it installed.

Sounds awesome, Bob.