Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Settling Down

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassline_Delux, Aug 24, 2005.

1. I've been all over the place, mostly in my head, about what rig to have. I've changed my mind 50,000,000 times. But now I think I've finnaly come to the natural conclusions of things. HEre we go:

A sunn 300T (Or Fender 300Pro) into an NV215.

With either a P-Bass with a maple fretboard, or a P-deluxe with a maple fretboard.

Thing is, I've tried the Sunn through its matching 4x10. How would it match up with the NV215, nicely? I don't think I'll have a chance to try the NV215 for a while, hence my question.

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I've tried pert near all my tube heads (and several ss heads as well as preamp/power amp setups) into my NV215, and it has performed beyond my expectations with all of them. If you like a deep, tight tone that will get you "under" the guitars, as well as balanced (non-hyped) mids and clear, natural sounding (but not sparkly) highs, I think that the NV215 is an excellent chioce. And being sealed, you can drive it pretty hard with a tube amp, and it will not fart out on the low end.

Sounds like a nice rig!

Tom.