Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

setup cost

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by kingbrutis, Dec 12, 2004.

1. kingbrutis

kingbrutis

Aug 10, 2003
    Phoenix AZ
    How much should a pro setup cost? There are a couple of places around me that do them, but was just wondering what a normal setup cost. Thanks Joe

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Depends on what you want done. The usual neck adjustment, string change, intonation, and stuff is about 30-40$... I do them myself, so I don't know how prices have changed.

3. a full on pro set up could be from anywhere from ~30-150 bucks. just depends on if you want them to level all the frets or not. but just for restringing, intonation, neck and bridge adjustment... it ought to be somewhere in the neighborhood for 25-50 bucks depending on what strings you want..

4. kingbrutis

kingbrutis

Aug 10, 2003
    Phoenix AZ
    Just the basic setup was $40. I just put new black beauties on about a week ago. It is like a new bass. I took it to the bass place here in Phoenix. Later Joe