1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Setup/electronics in LA?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by smeet, Dec 10, 2006.

1. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Hey all, I need to find a good setup and bass electronics person in LA, preferably on the west side (Westwood, Santa Monica, Culver City, etc.).

I would like someone who knows a lot about different types of onboard preamps, pickups, wiring schemes, etc.

Thanks!

2. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    bump.

Nobody? Los Angeles is a big city, right? :confused:

3. Fren Asken (http://www.frensterguitars.com/) did some good work on a somewhat uncommon electronics mod for my FBB--replacing the separate volume and blend controls with a stacked volume/balance and a 4-pole/2-way minitoggle that switches the pickups from series to parallel wiring. He works out of his home on Castle Heights Place in Beverlywood.

He's mostly a guitar guy, though, so you may have to do the research on pickups and preamps yourself. He certainly does good soldering, though.

4. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner Mo's Shop & MBD - Tech Nordstrand Commercial User

May 25, 2003
    Redlands, CA
    Hello there,
    I do setup and electronic... shoot me a PM, if you want!

M

5. steveb98

steveb98 [acct disabled - multiple aliases]

Mar 15, 2006
    Venice, CA
    Check out Greg Back Guitars he's over on the Westside. If you don't mind driving to the Valley Eric's Guitar Shop is great.