1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Setup for 4003 Rickenbacker

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by RotoRick, Jul 29, 2012.

1. RotoRick

RotoRick

Jul 20, 2012
    I am trying to find someone to set up my Rickenbacker 4003 bass, lower the strings, make sure the neck stays straight and so on.

Problem is it's hard to find someone qualified to work on them due to double truss rods. I talked to a guy at a music store on Saturday and I don't think he has worked on one before, but he says he has been making basses for about 8 years or so.

He says that usually you will find that one rod is more dominate than the other but it can still be tricky. He sounds like he knows what he's talking about, but i am still worried, what should I do ?

I know the 4001 models years ago had problems and people ruined the necks on them not knowing what they were doing, the 4003 are supposed to be better, any suggestions would be appreciated.