1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Setup for playing along with CDs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sync00, Apr 10, 2006.

1. sync00

sync00

Nov 23, 2005
    I'm thinking of getting a mixer for playing along with CDs. I would run the DI from my combo amp along with the output from a CD player into the mixer and then out into my hifi system. I have a good powered subwoofer.

Would this work well or is there another approach I should consider?

2. Tascam CT-BT 1 Mk2 Basstrainer.

Cheap, small, portabel, choose between headphone and Hifi connectivity. Plus: you can crank up the volume using a headphone. Works well for me.

Jens

3. sync00

sync00

Nov 23, 2005
    The Bass Trainer costs more than a small mixer (I'm thinking of getting the Yamaha MG 10/2) and I'm not interested in the other features it has. I'm thinking a mixer will be more flexible.

4. mettec

mettec

Aug 22, 2005
    Minneapolis
    I use an audio interface via USB to listen and play along with songs either through my speakers or headphones.

5. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
  6. sync00

sync00

Nov 23, 2005
    I have a good audio interface for my computer. But my music equipment and hifi equipment are in a different room. The obvious solution is to put them in the same room but that isn't feasible right now.