Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Setup help.... please?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Saetia, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Alright, My two main bass' have been left at my drummers house for nearly 3 weeks (since our last gig) we haven't practiced together(sad :bawl: )
    and his house is very humid. In the mean time I just practiced on my Ibanez. Anywho, his house is very humid, and when I got my bass' back the strings on my Warwick were really low and the strings on my 6 string peavey accelerator are touching the fret board. I've always paid to get my bass' set up but I don't have $120 to get the both of them re-setup again. Can anyone give me any help/instruction on how to adjust my truss rods to the proper setting as well as guiding me along on how you porperly intonate my bass'. I would be greatly appreciative of this. I'm in a pickly and I need help.
    thanks a bunch
    peace
    -Ben

2. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    Well, what you're asking for would require quite a lot of typing. How about if I just provide a link instead? This should get you started...

Click Here

3. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Thank you very much, I'm going to read it now. :)
    peace
    =Ben
    p.s. I'll come back when I'm done and tell you how it went.

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member