1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Setup help.... please?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Saetia, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Alright, My two main bass' have been left at my drummers house for nearly 3 weeks (since our last gig) we haven't practiced together(sad :bawl: )
    and his house is very humid. In the mean time I just practiced on my Ibanez. Anywho, his house is very humid, and when I got my bass' back the strings on my Warwick were really low and the strings on my 6 string peavey accelerator are touching the fret board. I've always paid to get my bass' set up but I don't have $120 to get the both of them re-setup again. Can anyone give me any help/instruction on how to adjust my truss rods to the proper setting as well as guiding me along on how you porperly intonate my bass'. I would be greatly appreciative of this. I'm in a pickly and I need help.
    thanks a bunch
    peace
    -Ben

2. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    Well, what you're asking for would require quite a lot of typing. How about if I just provide a link instead? This should get you started...

Click Here

3. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Thank you very much, I'm going to read it now. :)
    peace
    =Ben
    p.s. I'll come back when I'm done and tell you how it went.

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member