Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Setup rulers HELP

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bassplayajew, Mar 14, 2002.

1. bassplayajew

bassplayajew

Mar 14, 2002
    Bethesda, MD
    This is probably a really stupid question but, I've been looking for those six inch rulers with 1/64'' increments and I just can't find them. Now, I'm not trying to spend forty dollars to have some professional fix my guitar when I could do it myself with a lot more patience. The problem is is that I've found everything else that I need (polish, feeler gagues, etc.) but I cannot locate this ruler. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated and thank for taking the time to help out a feller basser.

2. Do you have a DO It Center around you? That's where I got mine. I think I paid $2.99 for it. The Home Depot, or any Lowes ought to have them too. Any well stocked hardware store should fit the bill.

3. malibu

malibu Guest

Dec 26, 2001
    a local TrueValue hardware had one that was pretty good -
    but a General Instruments at HomeDepot was $1.98 - has decimal equivalents on back same as recommended in Erlewine's book
    and also has a little slide thing to measure or align string height above frets to, etc.

4. alaskabass

alaskabass

Dec 31, 2001
    Get a Starrett 6" satin chrome finish steel ruler. The satin chrome finish enables you to read in any light and the markings are easier to discern.

With Starrett tools you get what you pay for-the best!!! Available through Garrett-Wade or any good woodworker's supply .

You are only as good as the tools you work with :D ,
    Don

5. I got mine in the tool department at Sears.

6. bassplayajew

bassplayajew

Mar 14, 2002
    Bethesda, MD
    Thanks everybody. You all have been very helpful.