Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Setup to Compliment a Tube amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lazlo Panaflex, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Lazlo Panaflex

Lazlo Panaflex

Sep 30, 2003
    Ok, for christmas i am goin to get eigther a Ampeg Svt Classic or a Sunn 300T (if i can find one). Right now i have an SWR big bertha cab (2X15) and im not really happy with the muddy sound.

I was wondering if it would be worth while to go with a 4X10 and 1X15 combo, or just a 8X10. Any recommendations of cabs would be Great.

I play mostly low end bass on my Stingray but i want the crunch for certain songs in my band (at the drive-in'ish)

Any help would be appreciated :)

2. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
  3. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Sunn 300T=
    [​IMG]

4. Lazlo Panaflex

Lazlo Panaflex

Sep 30, 2003
    yeah i just saw that :) After thinking and looking around the forum i think i might actually just go ahead and get a Svt 3 Pro and a Eden 2X10 XLT and a 1X15 XLT. Oh man i got to make up my mind!!!

5. The SVT-III Pro is under powered and doesn't have true tube tone. An all tube head will be much louder and will probably sound best with the sealed 810 cab. But the III-Pro is cheaper and more portable.

6. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Mesa 400+ is a nice amp.

7. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    I used to have Sunn 300T and it's a great amp. Powerful, strong EQ and a lot of tone options. Maybe you should try Aguilar 4x12" cab...it would provide a lot of bottom and definition at the same time.