1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Seven Moons - New From Jack Bruce and Robin Trower

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by oldrocker, Mar 13, 2008.

1. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Anyone listen to the new CD from Jack Bruce and Robin Trower - Seven Moons.

It's a bunch on new songs - very nice almost understated playing from both. Jack sounds great singing and playing.

Any one have any idea what jack is playing on this. I'm not good at pickig out basses but whatever he's playing is not as twangy as his Warwick and not as muddy as the EB1.

2. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Is it Blues, Rock, Jazz, or kinda all of them?

3. Michael Vee

Michael Vee Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I think I might get this just because I am fond of both of these gents, and I'm intrigued by the combination. Who's playing drums?

Nice! Jack Bruce as James Dewar. (God rest his soul, he was a good one..)

4. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Gary Husband on Drums. It's bluesy rock with jazz tinges.

5. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Cool. I've been wanting to get into more jack bruce other than cream, and I might start here.

6. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    I like it a lot. Has a good bass sound to it. Heavy almost, not twangy at all.

7. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    BBM - Around the Next Dream - may be my favorite other than Cream but most Cream like Jack release - with Gary Moore and Ginger Baker.

There is a lot of good OTC Jack stuff out there. I also especially like "A Question of Time", "Harmony Row" and "I've Always Wanted to Do This"

The BLT and Truce stuff with Robin Trower from the 80s is pretty good the West Bruce and Laing things is rocking stuff but I really like a record he with Leslie West named "Theme" that I have on vinyl but have never seen on CD.

8. I'll want to check this out...I was a huge Trower Bridge of Sighs fan as a kid, and was pleasantly surprised when B.L.T. came out with Jack Bruce, thought most of the songs on it were great.

9. lambro

lambro

Jun 1, 2004
  10. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006
    Memphis
    Trower just played here about two weeks ago ...

Rumor was rampant the JB was gonna be on bass, but didn't happen ... still a great show!

:) ... Have yet to hear the new CD, but I did order it online.