Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Seven String Fretless Wishbass with Truss rod for sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by rogerbmiller, Nov 14, 2004.

1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    For some reason I could not edit my original post (for possible sale.) So here it is.

Okay, I've decided that the rainbow bass is definitely for sale. I'm knee deep in the buy side of ebay auctions!

Courtesy of TB's member extraordinaire Tyler Hole, you can see pics of this bass at the following link. http://www.sentryelite.com/wishbass/

MP3 to go up soon too. Thanks Tyler!!!

I am asking $700 shipped with a backback style 30MM velour padded gig bag (with big outer pouch and leather trim). This thing is a killer bass and I have mp3 available to back this up. Shipping is a $20 value and the gig bag a $40 value. I paid $700 for the bass alone.

Once again, a quality certified wishbass WITH AN ADJUSTABLE TRUSSROD!

Like all things in life, if you are serious, things are negotiable. Any questions, want more pics or MP3, email me at rogerbmiller@hotmail.com

2. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    And here again from the previous post I could not edit, are the details.

The bass is pretty darn sweet and IMO worth every penny and more thus I was on the fence about unloading it.

Here are the pros to this bass:

1) The workmanship on this Wishnevsky is excellent. While not a 10/10 by Conklin or Fodera standards, it prety much lacks all of the woodwork and craftsmanship problems that have been discussed here on TB. And if you are aware of these discussions, you know that taking the guess work out of a wishbass is a huge plus to the value offering.

2) It has a thin neck for a wishbass and IT HAS A TRUSSROD!!!!!

3) There are no unlined fretless 7's on the market save for high end customs so this is a chance to get something very unusual on the cheap.

4) Plays and sounds great.

Only possible issue with this bass is that I had Wish make me low-profile corian bridge for low action and easy playability. He made a great bridge but I snapped it in half to experiment with different action for upper and lower strings. In the end, I never sanded the halves as planned and put the two halves back together so it looks like one bridge in use. Just wanted to be up front with this as some would perceive this as a defect. I will also provide the second (original) bridge which provides higher action and thus a different tone and playing experience.

Any interest or want more pics, please email me at rogerbmiller@hotmail.com

3. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Surely someone wants a sweet wishbass.

BUMP!

4. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    C'mon. Surely someone out there wants a sweet fretless 7-string wishbass. I've got a serious ebay habit to support.

Back in the airforce I was a BUMPadier...

5. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    This bass has been SOLD. Thank you to everyone who expressed an interest.

6. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP. Back in the Air Force i was a BUMPadier...

Well, the bass was sold, but the buyer had to renege due to financial reasons. So this beauty is once again available for sale again.

Again, I am asking $700. This price includes a deluxe gig bag, insured shipping and A WORKING TRUSSROD! :)

I've been getting my last licks in on this bass before selling it (I thought) and I have to say that it is worth every penny and then some. If anyone is interested, give a PM. In the interest of getting this out to that luck buyer in time for the holidays, I will even accept Paypal!!!

Thanks for your interest. :bassist:

7. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Ah, I'm going to have to go ahead and give this a BUMP!!!!! Oh, and while I'm at it, I'm going to go ahead and give it another BUMP!

Seriously, this is a great bass. I had a deal that just fell through, and already a lot of nibbles since but I am ready for that big bite as I'd like this sold before the new year. Proceeds will either go to support my 80's bass habit or to rennovate my bathroom-- I haven't decided which just yet though I am sure my wife has...

In no uncertain terms, this is a once-in-a-lifetime wishbass. If you have been jonesing for a well-made wish (ie a hot one with no woodworking problems as commonly discussed on tb), an unlined fretless seven or any combination thereof at a reasonable price, this is your bass. Plays and sounds amazing and I have MP3 to back this up. Wish obviously spent a lot of time on this one as it was the bass pictured in his international Bass Player Mag ad for many months.

So, if you are interested, let's get it on.

8. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Not much of an offfer to you but worth a shot. Any intrest in 1980 Fender presicion special with nice refin body and orignal matching headstock?

9. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    By refin, I take it that you mean not original.

10. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Okay fellow TB-ers, this will likely be my last bump before I have to make a commitment-- start practicing 6 hours a day on the 7-banger or post it on ebay after New Years.

So if you are interested, please dont be shy-- make me an offer before I close up shop here. I'm telling you this wishbass is a monster in a serious way. Great woodwork, great sound and terrific feel.

I actuallly did some recording for the soundtrack of an indie film with this bass earlier in the year. In fact I recorded the whole soundtrack (4 tunes) with wishbasses. Every time I see the engineers they remind me about how great they recorded. Now that is great unsolicited professional feedback! I'd be glad to send you the mp3 of the track I recorded with this bass as the proof is in the pudding! Really, this thing sings, has tons of mwah and it just feels like buttah! And it looks like no other bass in the world.

Also, I will now consider doing a straight trade for an UNLINED fretless 4 of comparable value. Condition is not so important thought I would prefer something that is all original (no mods or upgrades--keep it pure). I did some hard thinking and I realized that a solid fretless 4 is about the only bass I am lacking at the moment. I've got an unlined fretless 5, 6 and 7-imagine that. Anyway, if you are looking to increase your string count, I am looking to decrease mine so maybe we can make something happen.

Okay, thanks again to all who have expressed interest. I'd be happy to provide more details for anyone else who may still be interested. Just PM me and be sure to provide an email address if you want me to send pics and mp3.

Thanks.

Roger

11. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Any pics?

12. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Tons of em but I have a small memory quota on TB. PM me your email address and I'll send you pics. I can also send MP3 if you'd like.

Thanks.

13. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
  14. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    Can you link/img src some here? The site gets blocked by the websense cache server we have here.

15. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Not sure what you mean. I can email you pics if you PM me your address. THanks!

16. The originals were like 1600x? size so I downsized them and uploaded smaller versions to post here. Here they are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Ah yes, she's a beauty isn't she?!

18. Bump for roger for one killer lookin wish!