Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Seven String Wishbass for Possible Sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by rogerbmiller, Nov 10, 2004.

1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Would anyone be interested in my 7-string Wishbass? It is the 7-string rainbow striped Peanut made famous by its monthly appearance in Bass Player magazine. The add always ran it with a $600 price but I actually paid wish $700 for it and would hope to recoup that amount. I would throw in a free gig bag and only charge $15 for shipping (international shipping will be at cost with all duties, etc. being the responsibility of the buyer).

The bass is pretty darn sweet and IMO worth every penny and more thus I am on the fence about unloading it. However, if there is interest, there are a few low-end quasi vintage items I am jonesing to acquire with the sale proceeds.

Here are the pros to this bass:

1) The workmanship on this Wishnevsky is excellent. While not a 10/10 by Conklin or Fodera standards, it prety much lacks all of the woodwork and craftsmanship problems that have been discussed here on TB. And if you are aware of these discussions, you know that taking the guess work out of a wishbass is a huge plus to the value offering.

2) It has a thin neck for a wishbass and IT HAS A TRUSSROD!!!!!

3) There are no unlined fretless 7's on the market save for high end customs so this is a chance to get something very unusual on the cheap.

4) Plays and sounds great.

Only possible issue with this bass is that I had Wish make me low-profile corian bridge for low action and easy playability. He made a great bridge but I snapped it in half to experiment with different action for upper and lower strings. In the end, I never sanded the halves as planned and put the two halves back together so it looks like one bridge in use. Just wanted to be up front with this as some would perceive this as a defect. I will also provide the second (original) bridge which provides higher action and thus a different tone and playing experience.

Any interest or want more pics, please email me at rogerbmiller@hotmail.com

Rock n Roll :bassist:

2. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Sorry, forgot to attach the picture. Here it is. Email if you want to see more.

Peace.

3. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Man, I'd truly consider this if I could find the necessary parts to make it a headless...

4. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Jammadave,

Have you just been dying for the moment to use that line, or are you recycling?

LOL. Actually incredibly funny. Thanks for the laugh and for the...

BUMP!

5. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Remember the land of striped candy that had a horse as the mascot? What was that candy?

That bass have come from that land. Does it smell like fruit punch?

6. jammadave

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Why, that would be Fruit Stripe Gum, Doc - actually was a zebra but the stripes were on the gum instead of the zebra...

And Roger, actually I wasn't even trying to be funny, though I'm glad I was - I think the Peanut shape would be excellent in a headless variety, but finding a string retainer and bridge to do so, well thats another story.

7. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Indeed, that would have to be a custom job. Are you a luthier?

8. jammadave

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Oh by no means, I'm barely good enough with my own setups, let alone luthierie, although it's always been a bit of a dream =0)

9. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Okay, let's give the rainbow bass a nice big BUMP...

10. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Okay, I've decided that the rainbow bass is definitely for sale. I'm knee deep in the buy side of ebay auctions!

I am asking $700 shipped with a backback style 30MM velour padded gig bag (with big outer pouch and leather trim). This thing is a killer bass and I have mp3 available to back this up. Shipping is a $20 value and the gig bag a $40 value. I paid $700 for the bass alone.

Once again, a quality certified wishbass WITH AN ADJUSTABLE TRUSSROD!

Like all things in life, if you are serious, things are negotiable. Any questions, want more pics or MP3, email me at rogerbmiller@hotmail.com

Rock on. :bassist: