Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Several Questions..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pratticus, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Pratticus

Pratticus

Aug 27, 2005
    Okay, I've got several questions here:

1) I have a 5-string NJ Series Warlock Bass, and it's fine and everything, but I'm thinking about getting a new one soon (I've had the Warlock for quite a while), and I was wondering, are there any better, in your opinion(s) Warlocks that I should look at? Or are there better brands, do you think? I know very little about different basses...

2) I was looking at Warwicks, and I was wondering if anyone has either the Vampire or the Katana, and how they play, how they feel, etc etc.

3) Assuming there is not price range, what would be an ideal bass?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I really dont like BC rich basses, and lots of people here dont tihnk highly of them either.

Warwicks are good basses, definitely have a unique tone that you either love or hate.

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I'm not much for pointy, but if'n you're going to do it, do it right.

Find a late 70s or early 80's BC Rich...one of the hand built ones that's more of a boutique than the ones made today.

4. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    +1
    (see my sig)

5. Pratticus

Pratticus

Aug 27, 2005
    Yah, my Warlock is fine and everything, but I can certainly see why people wouldn't like them...but what is it exactly about the Warwick tone that people don't like? Do you know?

6. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I find them kind of buzzy and brassy and not very musical.

Sort of the bass equivalent of a noisy fart.

7. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR