1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Severe GAS or just normal GAS

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by oZZma, Oct 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. oZZma

oZZma

Sep 13, 2018
    IT
    Do you ever buy gear only because you found it at a ridiculous price so you just want to try if you like it even if you don't really need it in that moment?
    Or because you looked for it but you didn't find it and it finally pops up right after you bought something else? (I hate when it happens!)

I have finished to updrade my amplification like a week ago and I'm currently running one 2x10 paired with a 1x15 cab, I like the result but I'm still unsure if a couple of 2x10 would be more suitable instead
    I just found a PF210HE for a ridiculous price and I'm almost on the verge of buying it just to switch between the two configurations and decide what to keep and what to sell... Should I worry I have SEVERE GAS or is it ok? :D

2. for relief, ask your WIFE !!
    Yep, I just bought another bass. I have a 5 string that I have saved for church playing, bought a VM Squier to practice on, I started playing at a little dive & did not want to use my 'church bass' or Squier there, so I bought a MIM P bass, not 100% happy with the sound, so I bought a active preamp 4 string. Luckilly wife bought some furniture, so I eased pass that one,,,

MCF likes this.
  3. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    No.

4. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Lost Wages, Nevada
    ^^Yeah^ What he said...:whistle:

5. I have major GAS for my next target, which will remain classified until I send a deposit.

6. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

well, what did you decide to do? we're all waiting.......

:D

oZZma likes this.
  7. oZZma

oZZma

Sep 13, 2018
    IT
    I've just skipped the "opportunity" after tonight's reharsal, I wrote the seller I changed my mind
    I was unsure about the 1*15 but the more I play with this configurarion the more I like it, I have no doubts anymore

JRA likes this.
  8. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

thanks for the follow-up! good luck with your rig! :thumbsup:

oZZma likes this.
  9. theinfamous

theinfamous

Dec 22, 2014
    I think your setup will suit you just fine, and I've been thinking about doing a similar setup because then I would have a true modular system when I dont need or want the whole rig. Small rock venue or rehearsal? Bring the 15. Jazz or other? Bring the 210... seems perfect, and then if you need more, you can always buy another cab.

oZZma likes this.
  10. el murdoque

el murdoque

Mar 10, 2013
    Germany
    The last of these purchases lead me to a bunch of new gear that was financed because I owned A, found B for a ridiculous price and bought it, toyed around with A and B and then bought C after selling both A and B with a solid profit. If you can afford it and you're sure that you can flip it for the same price or even with profit you should be all over it!

oZZma likes this.
  11. oZZma

oZZma

Sep 13, 2018
    IT
    The price was so small (for both the 1*15 I own and the 2*10 I wanted to buy) that I had exactly this idea: if I don't like it, I can sell either without losing money (and even have some profit)
    But now I'm really enthusiast with the 1*15 so I'll leave that cab to someone else to enjoy it! :)