Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sexiest tremolo basses!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tfunked, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Possu jam

Possu jam

May 16, 2004
    Finland
  2. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    I absolutely love Cliff Bordwell's designs.I actually have the single cut version of that design as my computer's wallpaper at the moment.

3. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Carl Thompson?

4. Yup! That's Les Claypools bass

5. primus_55

primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    His piccolo bass with the tremolo is sweet

6. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    This Sei singlecut Flamboyant belongs to a fellow British Talkbasser, xo-bionic.

[​IMG]

7. thanks for the compliments on the bass cliff made for me. but it's the playabilitiy that is absolutely incredible.

david

8. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU

:eek:

wow...

And that's coming from someone who doesn't like singlecuts!

9. that is pretty sexy. unfortunately im guessing it has a floyd rose style trem or something floating. ewwwwwwwwwwww............

i love that fretboard, is that bloodwood or what?

10. its a kahler bass trem ill get a pic of mine up soon. its floating but it stays in tune really well. i liek it cause u dont need to remove as much wood.

11. Im a big fan of bigsbys.....unfortunately they dont make them for bass

12. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    *looks smug*

Was going to post a pic of my bass on this thread earlier, but David beat me to it... :D

Russ :bassist:

13. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    I know Stanley Clarke had a Bigsby-style trem on one of his basses... was probably a custom job though.

14. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Here's the pic I was going to post... me with my Sei singlecut...

[​IMG]

15. It would be sweet to put a tremolo on the Jazz bass I'm saving up for over the summer...

Too much!

:help:

16. qianli

qianli

May 29, 2005
    metro ATL
    This is mine. Not so sexy, but functionally awsome. This trem will do deep dives and the usual tremelo fare, plus TRANSPOSE down to B or up to C and never go out of tune. I can also go to the gig on my motorcycle. Come to think of it, that is sexy.

Attached Files:

17. freshmeat1989

i have a kahler bass trem on it. it works great. u can get them around 200$ and u should be able to install one,i did when i was 15.

18. Do you have to cut a beastly hole in the back for all the tensioning springs and stuff or is it a direct bolt-on?