1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sexy amp on my budget

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JazzyJames, Aug 6, 2008.

1. I played the Line 6 Lowdown 110 and it wasnt very good. The only thing I liked was the Syth and syth isnt worth $300. Id like a amp for around $400 and under. Recommendations?

2. Siegy

Siegy

Jun 28, 2007
    Central Neb.
    Sexy...?

Anyways... look for a used amp. Do you just want a practice amp? Or what would you like the amp to be capable of?

3. Sexy as in good.

Practice amp but I do play with my buddy at his house and he's a drummer. Something I can carry around.

4. playibanez

playibanez

Apr 3, 2006
    U.S.
    Wrong forum. But Ampeg makes a 15 combo thats good.

There is an Acoustic combo that is supposed to be very good.

Not 100% sure on the price.

I played a Trace Elliot combo that sounded awesome. Probably more then you want to spend.

5. Ya, I noticed when I posted. If this could be moved, that would be good.

6. dont know what price things are at there, but ashdown seems to be pretty good for it price, if you just want a simple amp without effects.

7. I wouldnt mind a build in Wah or Syth.

8. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    So, the word is "synth" not "syth". :) There are regular combo amps and then there are digital modeling combo amps. The digital ones will have the built-in effects, but for an equal price you'll generally get better size, quality, or power from a regular non-digital combo amp.

I'd look for a used Nemesis combo, they sound good and are fairly lightweight, and I've seen them in your price range.

9. In your boat I would check out ampeg's newer combos. They are on the heavy sie, but with wheels they are totally managable. The tone is good, they get loud, and they have some built in FX. Check em out at GC, then try to find em used or on ebay. Check here too and get great deals.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021