1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Seymour Duncan 1/4 Pounders or Dimarzio Split P pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by SPAZ5446, Oct 2, 2010.

1. SPAZ5446

SPAZ5446

Aug 25, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Which is better for a clean bass sound? I've heard the 1/4 Pounders can sound muddy and the Split P's can have some mid growl to them. Just looking for a higher output upgrade that keeps the same clean tone. Also I know the 1/4 Pounders have hum-cancelling, but what about the Split P's?

2. All split coil pickups are humbucking.

3. precision punk

precision punk

Mar 15, 2009
    Hmmm I heard the EMG HZ pickups are nice and clean. The pickups are also passive and reasonably priced.

4. SPAZ5446

SPAZ5446

Aug 25, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Oh wow, I completely forgot about EMG haha. Thanks for reminding me, I'll check them out.

5. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I have the QP in my Fender P (for over 10 years) I had the DiMarzio in it before. I prefer the QP. Both are hum cancelling by the way just by the design of the P pickup.

The QP is fatter yet more defined than the DiMarzio. Just a bigger and I think better balanced sound. What I think of when I think of a P bass. Records great too.

Nothing wrong with the DiMarzio. I just like the QP better and also better than any of the Fender pickups.