1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Seymour Duncan 3 Band Preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Paddy_McBride, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Paddy_McBride

Paddy_McBride

Jun 27, 2006
    Manchester
    Hi. This is my first post on this forum.My main bass is a MIA Jazz. I currently have Noiseless pickups and the 3-Band Preamp from Seymour Duncan installed in it. My second bass is a 1970's Jazz knockoff by CMI. All the electronics are original. I'm currently playing in a metal band and the guitarist and I have noticed that I get a lot more thump from the passive 1970's jazz than the MIA jazz.

I want to remedy this because I use the MIA most of the time. What should I do?
    Would changing the pickups be a good option?..if so what would be the best pickups to get. Secondly is there another preamp that might do the job better than the Seymour duncan?

Thanks in advance for your help.