Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Seymour Duncan Ant. II

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Assumer, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Assumer

Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    Arkansas
    OK
    Help please, I have read great things about the duncan antiquity IIs. I cannot seem to find them. Musicians friend has bass lines for a jazz and they are supposed to antiquity pickups. Does anyone know if they are the twos or the origionals? There are no model numbers or pictures on their site.
    Thanks

2. smash had reccomended these pups and i am forever grateful
    i found a local music store in my area that carries the antiquity II's,they had to order them and it took about two weeks for me to have them in hand ,i have had them in my fender jazz now for about three weeks and i highly reccomend these pups,our guitar player is constantly complimenting my tone now,
    peace
    frank

3. Assumer

Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    Arkansas
    Hey guys, thanks for the welcome and the advice. If you don't mind me asking, what was the music store that you purchased the pickup from?

Thanks
    again!

4. Get your Duncans from John Wymore, Black Rose Customs. He is in Portland, OR.

I buy from John and he is a standup guy. Very pricing competitive, and usually ships FROM STOCK in 24 hours.

5. Assumer

Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    Arkansas
    Hey
    Thanks very much

6. every Duncan i have ever wanted, including the Antiquity II's have always been fairly priced and IN STOCK at the New York Guitar and Bass Boutique.

Great guys too!

http://www.guitarboutique.com/

7. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Antiquity II's...
    I was GASing for the ultimate jazz slap tone and I've got these in a Jaco body with a Geddy Lee neck, badass II bridge. The thing is a thump machine - a big, fat, growly attack. I thought I wanted a preamp in there for a while (J-Retro) but now I'm completely in love with these pickups. You've got to try them!
    :bassist: