Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Seymour Duncan Antiquitiy Jazz sound clips?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sheepdog, Apr 22, 2004.

1. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    I have read the reviews, but haven't heard any clips.

Anybody got some?

2. I have been looking for some myself.....

anybody? :confused: :help:

3. Hi, I dont have any sound clips, and didnt find any when I was checking out all the info on the antiquity series....but after reading as much as I could I put a set of antiquity 1's into my 1977 fender jazz that had emg active pickups in it when I bought it.

All I can say is Wow!..what a difference.
    I'm in two bands, a fairly standard two guitar, bass and drums blues band and a three piece which is bluesy/funky quite loud and in your face with 50% originals.

i'm very happy with these pickups. They're very warm, not very high output but I seem to be able to keep up with our drummer Glenn who has a Gretch and is a hard hitter. eden WT800 and XLT 4x10 helps though but its a 4 ohm eden head at 400 watts per side so i havta drive it somewhat.

All in all my jazz now sounds like it should in my opinion and I can get very close ( not perfectly mind you but close ) to the sound of the bass on quite a few of the the covers we're playing with almost no eq tweaking. the emg's were a totally different story in my experience.

If thats your kinda thing I'd say go for it.

Cheers

Stew.