1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Seymour Duncan Antiquity II on Squier VM Jazz

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by SlapPopBass, Nov 6, 2013.

1. I've been wanting the change the pups on my Squier Vintage Jazz for quite some time now...though the stock pups are nice and hot, I feel there are abit uneven, and with both pups full on fingerstyle on them doesn't sound that great...it seems the bass sounds good mainly with slap...anyway, I did some researching on SD J Bass pups, and the main two ones that come out are the SD SJB1 and the Antiquity II. I personally prefer a vintage-ish tone and something that can cut through the mix well. And based on my research, the Antiquity II seems to be the preferred pups that meet that criteria. So will it be the right choice? What are your impressions on the pups?

Oh, and I have absolutely zero knowledge of wiring pups. I plan to get the guitar tech in my local music store to do it. Are the pups in anyway hard to wire or cause problems? Or is it a relatively simple job most guitar techs can do?

2. Dogghouse

Dogghouse

Jan 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara
    Bass Guy @ Seymour Duncan
    Right on. Those would be an upgraded sound from the stock PUP's. They cut well in a live mix for sure. They also wire right in like the stock ones. Easy easy install. The other thing is they are vintagey sounding and vintagey looking, just so ya know.