1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Seymour Duncan Antiquity

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by gary mitchell, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Seymour Duncan Antiquity for P bass pickup. They are wired in reverse, so they will be like a humbucker. Has anyone used them are heard them. If so what did they sound like. Are they any good, and what type of music are they suited for best. Thinking about putting some in my church Squire. We play very contempary music, we have been known to play old songs from Darrell Mansfield.

2. I have the antiquity II in my P bass...
    They sound great, gave a bit more low end than most P pickups and are pretty grindy!
    I chose them over the rest because they are dirtier than most.
    They are suited to anything, its a P bass! Never played in a church but im sure it would work as well as any P would!

This should help!

http://ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&p=46137

3. Texx

Texx

Sep 10, 2004
    Germany
    Every P-Bass pickup is wired that way.

And yes it is a very good but expensive pickup that will deliver classic P-Bass tone.

The Antiquity II is said to have slightly less high end than the Antiquity I

4. I have the Seymour Duncan SPB 1 'old school' P pickup in one of my Precisions. Curious of the differences between it and the Antiquity 1??

Marc

5. SlingBass4

SlingBass4

Feb 28, 2009
    Kansas City
    For a great sound at great price...you also wish to consider the '62 Fender P or Bill Lawrence P. Either with will provide you with a boost of classic P-Bass performance, yet offer a little more flexibility of tone ;)