Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Seymour Duncan Basslines

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JRBrown, Mar 12, 2003.

1. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    I just replaced the Bart MM pickup in my Lakland Dlx-4 with a Seymour Duncan Bassline MM Alnico pickup (SMB-4a). Killer!

- Now I need to locate and replace the neck pickup with a Bassline "J" pickup. There are several different models to choose from. WHich model would best match the SMB-4a?

- Know where I can get one? Cheap?

2. Nato

Nato

Jun 2, 2002
    Well i don't know what kind of J pup that you would want to use but i if you want them cheap just check ebay some of their stuff is so rediculosly i wish i had more basses just to put pickups in. But when you search there make sure that you search for Both basslines and "Seymour Duncan Bass" So you get all of the bassline pickups. But if you want some reviews of their pickups just check http://www.harmony-central.com/Bass/Data2/00man.html and http://www.bgra.net/reviews/pickup-index.html Hope that that help you out some

3. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Thanks. I'm looking for the SD that best matches the SBM-4a. Tomorrow I'll call SD and Lakland. Just thought I'd tap into the experience of others.

4. Devnor

Devnor

Nov 13, 2001
    Dallas TX
    Please let us know what you find out. I'm considering replaing the Barts in my 4-94 w/ Duncans. Did you keet the stock Bart preamp too?

5. Chrisrm

Chrisrm Bass Virtuoso Wannabe

Feb 10, 2002
    Colchester, CT
    I replaced the Barts in my 4-94 with Basslines. Big improvement. I got the Basslines through Lakland. Seymour Duncan has just released the three coil MM pickup they built for Lakland, but the price difference wasn't very much, and Seymour Duncan wasn't ready to ship them yet (and I'm impatient, lol). Seymour Duncan did say the match to the MM humbucker was the Hot Stack pickup. I did keep the stock Bart pre, but you need different pan and volume pots for the Basslines, which Lakland provided. Hope this helps.

Chris