1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Seymour duncan Pre-amp for MM

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Gallient Knight, Oct 5, 2001.

1. Ok Seymour Duncan experts. I have a Washburn XB 900 series bass with a Basslines MM pickup and 3 band eq. My questions is what are the 2 mini pots on the pre amp board for? One seems to be a bass boost the other might be effecting the Slap Switch sound, but its a pain to adjust and play and I am having a little trouble descerning the differences.

I went to Duncans web site and its obvious their big money is from guitars, not a lot of info on Bass pick ups. Atleast where I looked.

Any advise is appreciated.

2. I have a XB500 5 string bass. Are there four controls on your bass? Mine has it. One is over all volume, the one next to it is a "clickable" pot that switched between pickups or blends both.

The two bottom ones are tone controls for each pickup i think. fully on gives a very tinny sound if i remember, and fully turned down is more bassy.

I am not sure if its the same for your setup.

Merls