Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Seymour Duncan PU Question. Gard??

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DarkMazda, Jun 24, 2001.

1. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Gard.. or anyone else that could answer this question..
    I'm planning to replace the pickups/preamp in my Warwick Streamer Stage I from MEC Preamp and Bartolini Pickups to both Seymour Duncan Bassline Soapbars(Since the SSI came with Soapbars). I have a Salas Custom with Seymour Duncan Bassline soapbars and love them to death. I love the sound. MECs are very weak compared to Seymour Duncans.. I was pretty superised how weak MECs were. But anyways, I was wondering what online stores would sell them. And how much they would cost about. I guess thats why I was wondering if Gard could answer the question for me. Thanks alot for everyone's help :)

DM :D

2. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    (sorry to butt-in, Gard :) ) I think Warmoth
    carries just about all the Bassline pups.

3. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    notduane: i was wondering what kinda Warwick puts in for the Bartolinis.. the SD Phase I pickups are direct replacements for Bartolini P2 and P4 and the SD Phase II pickups are direct replacements for EMG DC40/45 so I was justw ondering that as well :)

Thanks doh :)

DM

4. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    hmmm...uhhh...I don't have a Warwick :(. But here's
    what I got from the Bart and EMG sites (time to break
    out the ruler :) )...

Bart P2: 1.25"/32mm X 4.25"/108mm

Bart P4: 1.25"/32mm X 4.65"/118mm

Dimensions (pdf) - click

EMG-40DC: 1.50" X 4.00"

EMG-45DC: 1.50" X 4.50"

Dimensions page - click

5. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    notduane: i just my email back from Rob Busch of Warwick and he said this
    I shall be emailing Seymour Duncan today :)

6. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    I just measured my Warwick's Bartolinis.. it looks like they are 1.25" x 4.25".. which means they are Bartolini P2s!! So I guess I shall be getting the PHASE I of Duncans :) but I think I should email SD just in case :)

DM

7. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    notduane: I was bored so I measured some other things on mY Warwick Streamer Stage I 5 string

String Spacing @ nut = 10mm
    String Spacing @ bridge = 20mm
    Neck Width @ nut = 1.75" (46mm)
    Neck Width @ 24 Fret = 3" (76mm)
    Neck Thickness = 20mm

:D

8. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Well Hell! Long as your measurin', I should send ya'
    an old Ibanez SR2005 I'm fixin up for another TB'r :D .
    It's got two J-pups, but the neck one is slanted a la' Roscoe.
    I think they're both the same size. Either way, I think
    the only thing that'll work are Seymour Duncan 67/70's or
    70/74's.

Have Fun :)

9. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    I jsut called Warmoth and Seymour Duncan about the pickups/preamp I should get.. I'm plannig to get the same Pickup/Preamp as my Salas Custom 4. I'm planning to get the

Seymour Duncan ASB(Active Soap Bar)-5 Soapbars - List Price: $239.00 - Warmoth Price: $179.25
    Seymour Duncan STC-3A Preamp, which is 18v and 3band. - List Price: $199.00 - Warmoth Price: $149.25

I don't think the Warmoth prices aren't bad. But I was wondering if there are better prices out there.. (Gard) :D

10. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Sorry to bring this one up...
    But im the same questioning but not regarding price but sound.

I have a Streamer LX 6 String and want to put a Basslines system in there if the Upgrade really makes a difference. I feel the MEC Pickups are fine but the Preamp really muddies up the tone when using the bass knob (100Hz it got to sound muddy) and gets harsh witht the highs (2Khz too low for highs it brings up too much high-midrange wich adds presence for fingerstyle but harshness for slap)

I have experience with Bartolini preamps and like them, but I want this bass to be fully active. I Have no experience with the STC3A Tone control.
    Also planning on using a Fishman Voltage doubler with it to have the 18 Volt Arrangement with 1 battery on that small electronic compartment.

Darkmazda: How is the tine shaping of it?
    How do the Phase I´s perform compared to the MEC Gold that come in the streamer.

I would apreciate any help you can give me on the matter.