1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder P'ups Question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by LeftCoast, Apr 24, 2015.

1. LeftCoast

LeftCoast

Mar 7, 2014
    Hey guys! New here, to TB--finally joined because the support here seems to be pretty amazing! Well I will cut to the chase. Looking to change the Dynamic Correction MEC pickups I have in my Warwick Corvette Std. I have heard the SD Basslines, in particular, the jazz bass quarter pounders. I play a mix of rock, reggae, funk, and blues. Do you think these would be a good buy?
    A few more questions: Going from passive setup to active electronics: Would SD's electronics be a no-brainer to go with? Also, I know that the electronics come with knobs. Could I use my Warwick knobs instead of theirs? Do they have a push/pull knob to bypass the preamp? It sounds like a silly question, but thought I'd ask anyway.

2. Growlmonkee

Growlmonkee

Jan 30, 2013
    Florida, U.S.
    You may want to change pots, but could use your knobs on new pots. You'd be wide open on pre-amp choices, I might consider noiseless j pickups, if using a preamp with them, like Duncan's classic stack j's, but choices for the pickups, and preamp are more subjective than anything else. It is possible to pick a preamp and pickups that just sound bad together, I would call Seymour Duncan, they are very helpful with questions on their products. Single coil Jazz pickups tend to be a bit noisy, a preamp could make that noise worse, the guys at Duncan would know what works and doesn't, and are friendly.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  3. LeftCoast

LeftCoast

Mar 7, 2014
    Thank you Growlmonkee! I'll call them to see what they say.