1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

seymour duncan spb-3 and precision with s1

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bauhelm3000, Mar 7, 2010.

1. bauhelm3000

bauhelm3000

Nov 17, 2007
    Hi together!
    This is my first post and I hope that someone can give me some hints concerning my problem.
    I have a Fender Precision Annversary with S1 switch.
    I would like to exchange the stock pickups and put in the SPB-3.

Therefore the wiring is not according to the Standard Precision I can not follow the instructions sheet from Seymour Duncan. Does anyone know how to set up with this constellation ?
    Thanks in advance!

Robert

2. The first thing would to be wire it like the stock pickup. The spb-3 is a really hot pickup so you will have a very high output but that is all I can tell ya. Someone here w advanced electronics skills might tell ya not to do this.

3. bauhelm3000

bauhelm3000

Nov 17, 2007
    Hi!

Thanks for the tip. I know that the output will increase significantly. That is what I want. I anyhow play with lots of overdrive.
    The question more points to the thing of how to wire, because of the s1 switch there are more electronics then in the standard version.

4. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Endorsing artist: Bergantino Audio Systems
    I put a QP in my 2003 P, but I took out the S1 switch at the same time. I don't know if they will work together.

5. I have the spb-1 in my precision and the S-1 switch still works.
    I had the same problem of working out how to wire it up so i took it to a tech who had it finished in less than an hour.
    Not sure how he wired it but he did say it was an easy job , also the spb-1 makes the S-1 more useable due to the higher output.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020