Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Seymour Duncan STC-3A preamp

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Moo, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Seymour Duncan STC-3A preamp - $65

This is the 3 band model with "slap contour switch" for active pickups. This was pulled from a Ken Lawrence bass after about 1/2 a year and is missing the pan pot and I don't have a schematic. Other than that it's fine.

Warmoth has it for $123 so I'm thinking $65 shipped to the 48 states.

Trades are always amusing, but I never know what I want till I hear it so throw something out there.

Here's the description from the Seymour Duncan site

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website/products/bassesdescr.shtml#ToneCircuitsOnBoardEQforBass

Tone Circuits™ On-Board E.Q. for Bass
    STC-2/STC-3/STC-MM -- This system provides either two or three focused bands of EQ together with a master volume, blend, and a proprietary slap contour which, with the flick of a switch, delivers a focused bottom, contoured mids and transient highs with a lot of air. It's great for instantly changing from slap to fingerstyle without compromising tone. The bass control brings up the bottom end without being boomy or mushy; the mid control (3 band only) gives great cut without being honky; and the treble control is engineered to bring in a lot of presence without a lot of noise. The Tone Circuit ™ for Music Man ® systems is essentially a 3-band unit for passive pickups without the blend control.
    STC-2 and 3 are available in models for use with active or passive pickups.

2. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Great preamp BTW. I use a modified STC-3P (for passive pickups instead of active) in the Sentinel. Kick ass sound and versatility.

3. rotorheadcase

rotorheadcase

Apr 20, 2004
    Hi,

I'm interested in this for my Streamer Stage 2 but I'm a little confused! You say the pan pot is missing....but I can see four pots in the photo??

Anyway, I downloaded a schematic from the Seymour Duncan site and it looks straightforward enough.

If you can let me know what the story is with the pots....

4. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
  5. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Bump from the dead